Authored By: Michael D. Malfitano, partner, Constangy Brooks & Smith, LLP
At the end of September, Daily Business Review Books will release their new Labor and Employment book: Constangy's Field Guide to the Fair Labor Standards Act, authored by the law firm of Constangy Brooks & Smith, LLP. This book will provide Florida attorneys with clarity to the most recent developments under the FLSA's regulations and facilitate a better understanding of:
- FLSA retaliation claims. Including an analysis of the Supreme Court's decision in Kasten.
- What courts look for in granting or denying summary judgment, for plaintiffs and defendants, in an exemption case
- The continuing battle among the courts on defining the outside sales exemption: who is winning?
- The latest on coverage issues for the highly compensated employee exemption
- Damages for misclassification: how employers are escaping the big hit
- Failing to plead affirmative defenses: is all lost?
- and much more