10% off your order!
Enter the promo code below at checkout.
" 10OFF "
This is available only through Legal Compass. Contact our Sales team at 888-770-5647 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
A compilation of ALM Intelligence's seven most popular Law Firm Hiring/Recruiting products.
The A-List, published annually in July, is based on rankings taken from four ALM surveys that ALM Intelligence conducts throughout the year. Both revenue per lawyer and pro bono ranks are taken from the Am Law 200 while the Diversity Scorecard) and the Midlevel Associates Survey provide the diversity and associate satisfaction ranks, respectively. The A-List formula provides a collective measurement of the most successful and committed firms in the United States. Data fields include:
* A-List Rank
* Firm Name and Location
* Overall A-List Score
* Revenue per Lawyer Score and Rank
* Pro Bono Score and Rank
* Midlevel Associates Score and Rank
* Diversity Score and Rank
* Female Equity Partner Score and Rank
A look at the satisfaction levels of third-, fourth- and fifth-year associates at Am Law 200 firms.
For a firm to be included in the National Rankings chart, we must receive ten or more completed surveys from associates with the firm. A firm’s national score is the average of 12 questions on the survey that summarize the firm’s qualities, including the interest and satisfaction levels of work; benefits and compensation; relations between associates and partners; training and guidance; management’s openness about firm strategies and partnership chances; the firm’s attitude toward pro bono work; billable hours policy; and the likelihood of the associate being at the firm in two years.
A firm must have at least five completed surveys in an office to receive a city ranking. The same 12 questions are calculated for individual cities or markets to determine branch scores and rankings.
The Diversity Scorecard contains detailed information on minority legal staffing levels at law firms in the NLJ 250 and Am Law 200. Key data points include:Survey list and page update :
* Number of U.S. citizen attorneys;
* Percentage of minority attorneys;
* Percentage of minority partners;
* Specific figures for major ethnic/racial groups:
* African-American or Black attorneys,
* Asian-American attorneys, Hispanic or Latino attorneys, and Multiracial/Other minority attorneys;
* Breakdown by partner and non-partner attorneys.
The Female Scorecard contains staffing counts on female attorneys at NLJ 350 law firms. Key data points include:
Women in Law Score (and ranking)
Total female attorneys
Total female partners
Total female associates
Total female attorneys classified other than partner or associate
The National Law Journal’s NLJ 500 contains key information about the size of the nation’s largest law firms. The spreadsheet includes:
* Rank based on Total Number of Attorneys (full-time equivalent for the previous calendar year)
* Total Number of Attorneys
* Total Number of Partners
* Total Number of Equity Partners
* Total Number of Non-Equity Partners
* Total Number of Associates
* Total Number of Other Attorneys
* Starting Salaries for First Year Associates
* Location of Branch Offices
* Breakdown of Number of Attorneys by Branch Office
* Key Marketing Contact Information
Derived from The National Law Journal's NLJ 500 Survey, this data is non-published information about staffing at the top 350 law firms in the U.S. and includes:
Number of Associates in the Incoming Class
Associates from clerkships
Number of Partners Who Left Firm In a Lateral Move
Number of New Partners Who Were Lateral Hires and how many who were minorities
Number of partners promoted and how many were minorities
Number of Temporary/ Contract Attorneys
The American Lawyer’s annual survey measuring the satisfaction of summer associates employed by the nation’s law firms. Firms are scored based on associate ratings of the firm’s qualities, including interest and satisfaction with the work, benefits and compensation, interaction with partners, training, and more.