Since the first funds were established over sixty years ago, the hedge fund industry has grown dramatically in size and complexity. More than just a passing phenomenon, hedge funds are now an important part of global asset management -- and increasingly the focus of new legislation and regulation.
This up-to-date and forward-looking new guide explains:
- Hedge fund investment strategies
- Domestic and off-shore hedge fund structure and tax considerations
- Terms, fees, and related considerations for sponsors and investors
- Regulatory requirements and fiduciary obligations of investment advisers
- Fund documentation, including marketing materials, offering memoranda, governing documents and related and agreements
- Structuring a hedge fund management company
- Pros and cons of using service providers
- Seed investors
- United Kingdom hedge fund Requirements
- Financing arrangements for hedge funds
- Registered hedge funds
Featuring contributions from experts in each of these areas, Hedge Fundsaddresses legal and practical issues of importance to counsel for both sponsors and investors. Whether your concern is taxation, regulation, documentation, or overall strategy, it is an essential addition to your library.