The growing use of social media in the workplace raises new concerns and new legal issues. What uses of social media by employees should worry employers? What are the key mistakes to avoid?
This webinar, led by experienced attorney and employment law blogger Michael Schmidt, explores the rapidly evolving legal standards and government regulations involved in the interplay between social media and employer/employee relations. Topics include:
- Defining social media issues in the employment context
- Problem areas that employers should be watching closely
- Steps employers can take when a problem is identified
- Real-world examples of social media blunders in the workplace
- The Top 10 social media and employment law issues that companies will be facing in 2012
I. Realities of the New Social Media Era in 2012 (Approx. 15 Minutes)
II. Top 10 Social Media Issues for 2012 and Employer Best Practices (Approx. 80 Minutes)
III. Predictions for Beyond 2012 - Playing Nostradamus (Approx. 15 Minutes)
IV. Q&A (Approx. 10 Minutes)
Michael C. Schmidt is a member of Cozen O'Connor and practices in the firm's Labor & Employment Group in New York City. An adjunct professor of law at Touro Law School in Central Islip, N.Y., where he teaches a course on employment law, Mr. Schmidt is the author of numerous articles as well as the Social Media Employment Law Blog at www.socialmediaemploymentlawblog.com.