Texas employment, as reflected principally in the TCHRA and Texas Labor Code, extends a variety of protections to Texas employees and imposes various obligations on Texas employers. Maslanka's Field Guide to the Texas Commission on Human Rights Act & Texas Labor Code, like its two predecessors in the Field Guide series, takes a "what you need to know" approach to these statutory provisions. Written with the Texas lawyer or human resources professional in mind, this book gives practical, easy-to-follow advice on:
· The TCHRA
· How employees are using it in discrimination claims to gain more favorable state court forums.
· How it has its own unique provisions and state court interpretation.
· The Texas Labor Code and unemployment sections focus on:
· Payment of wages and commissions and the claim procedures for such compensation.
· Defining misconduct and how to litigate unemployment claims.
· Retaliation and Workers' Compensation claims.
· Plus 2 Bonus Codes:
Texas Government Code -- with a section on the latest in whistleblower claims -- and the Texas Administrative Code.
Subscriptions to books are auto-renewed to avoid disruptions in service. Print editions must be returned within 30 days in resalable condition for refund. For downloadable eBook products, a refund will be granted if the eBook has not been downloaded.