Pre-order this book and receive 10% discount.
Maslanka's Field Guide to the Fair Labor Standards Act, one of four books in Maslanka's Field Guide series, will provide Texas attorneys with clarity to the most recent developments under the FLSA's regulations and facilitate a better understanding of:
· What happened to deference to DOL regulations after Christopher v. Smithkline Beecham Corp., 132 S.Ct. 2156 (2012), and a discussion of deference given to DOL opinion letters & Field Operation Handbooks too
· A review of the latest case law on interns
· Commentary on class action lawsuits
· When to plead the retail exemption defense and other affirmative defenses
· Undocumented workers & the FLSA
· The knotty issue of leave banks and exempt status
· The continuing conflict in the courts over exempt status for adjusters/investigators
· The Fifth Circuit’s recent analysis regarding drivers who sell, 29 CFR §541.504
· Conditional certification issues
Subscriptions to books are auto-renewed to avoid disruptions in service. Print editions must be returned within 30 days in resalable condition for refund. For downloadable eBook products, a refund will be granted if the eBook has not been downloaded.