A Check is Better than a Judgment! This Compelling Case Study of New World is a Quick Read, and a Primer on Best Practices, and Practical Guidance for Your Pending Matter
Walk through the incredible success of the Paul Hastings team of attorneys in the lawsuit, New World TMT Limited v. PrediWave Corporation. In that case, the team obtained a $2.87 billion judgment, believed to be the largest judgment ever obtained by a Chinese firm in a U.S. Court. As a result, they learned the ins and outs of successfully enforcing a judgment throughout the United States and internationally, including in countries where defendants and judgment debtors choose to hide their assets. The New World enforcement proceedings are used as a case study in procedures, tactics and strategies available to enforce a judgment.
Enforcement of Judgments: A Practitioner’s Guide to Recovery:
- Clarifies how to identify, trace, locate, attach, and recover assets.
- Describes the use of private investigators in judgment efforts.
- Provides best practices for judgment debtor examinations.
- Unique to this title are discussions of judgment enforcement in California, Massachusetts, Japan,
- Singapore, Taiwan, mainland China, the United Kingdom, Canada, and New York.
- Contents Includes Discussions of:
- Obtaining a Judgment
- Writs of Attachment and Their Foreign Equivalents
- Amending the Judgment
- Enforcing Judgments in the United States
- Judgment Debtor Examinations
- Asset Investigations and Ethical Challenges
- Enforcing U.S. Judgments Outside of the United States
- And More…