Intellectual property transactions frequently involve unique ethical issues and hidden conflicts of interest. Get expert insight on:
- When a lawyer's advice becomes an element of proof under the Federal Circuit's new DSU standard for inducing infringement
- Problems raised by the use of "pretexting" in infringement investigations
- Conflicts of interests and conflict clearance
- Complex ethical issues surrounding the commonality of interest doctrine
- The broad reach of Sarbanes-Oxley to IP lawyers
This webinar includes an ethics overview and detailed analysis of new developments of crucial importance to practitioners.
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Ethics overview, rules and pragmatic considerations
3. Attorney-client privilege and work product
4. Privilege, and ethical issue under DSU inducement standard
5. Commonality of Interest Doctrine
6. Conflicts of interest
7. Starting and stopping the attorney-client relationship
8. Identifying the client in complex development settings and business relationships
9. Ethical issues in M&A activities
10. Lawyers as witnesses
11. Obligations to others, "Pretexting"
12. Sarbanes-Oxley implications for IP Counsel
13. Questions and Answer Session
This webinar will be led by Glen P. Belvis
, an attorney with over twenty-five years of experience in all facets of intellectual property law, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and related antitrust matters. Mr. Belvis was a shareholder of Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione for the last twenty years and recently joined Foro Energy Inc., a venture capital, DOE-funded development drilling company, as Chief IP Counsel.
***This program provides 1.5 hours of approved CLE ethics credit. Approval pending in CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MS, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN and TX. Self-study credit is also available for AK, AZ, ME, MO and ND. Credit is available in VA for On Demand Access only. For more information contact Alexandra Brescia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registrants have free access to the program for one year after the live event.
FOR GROUP REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS CONTACT