Richard L. McMonigle, Jr., Principal, Post & Schell, P.C.
With Forewords by Hon. Edward N. Cahn (Ret.) and Joseph R. Roda, Esq.
Insurance Bad Faith in Pennsylvania, 15th Edition, is designed for busy practicing attorneys, claims professionals, judges and law clerks. This clearly written, straightforward volume examines every important issue relating to bad faith lawsuits under Pennsylvania's common law and under §8371- Pennsylvania's "Bad Faith Statute." With this helpful book, you'll be able to handle any debate in the bad faith arena.
The 15th Edition of Insurance Bad Faith in Pennsylvania includes the following:
* Over eighty (80) new court opinions briefed and discussed
* Summaries of all significant bad faith cases, organized by category
* Discussion of the $18 million punitive damages award in Berg v. Nationwide Ins. Co
* In-depth analysis of the hottest topics in the field:
Continuing debate over severance and bifurcation in post-Koken UM and UIM
Latest developments in auto and homeowner's bad faith claims
Disputes over delay in payment and settlement negotiations
Recovery for compensatory and consequential damages
* Strategic considerations in presenting, and defending against, bad faith claims
* The latest court decisions dealing with the discoverability of claims handling documents, and protection afforded for attorney communications and work product
* Updated Verdict Index, summarizing bad faith trial verdicts in Pennsylvania
Order online or call 1-800-756-8993. With your order you will receive future editions automatically unless specified otherwise
Subscriptions to books are auto-renewed to avoid disruptions in service. Print editions must be returned within 30 days in resalable condition for refund. For downloadable eBook products, a refund will be granted if the eBook has not been downloaded.