Richard L. McMonigle, Jr., Principal, Post & Schell, P.C.
With Forewords by Hon. Edward N. Cahn (Ret.) and Joseph R. Roda, Esq.
Author, Richard L. McMonigle, Jr., a principal with the Princeton and Philadelphia offices of Post & Schell, P.C., is a seasoned veteran of insurance bad faith litigation.
Insurance Bad Faith in Pennsylvania, 13th Edition, is designed for busy practicing attorneys, claims professionals, judges and law clerks. This clearly written, straightforward volume examines every important issue relating to bad faith lawsuits under Pennsylvania's common law and under §8371 - Pennsylvania's "Bad Faith Statute." With this helpful book, you'll be able to handle any debate in the bad faith arena.
* Over seventy-five new court opinions briefed and discussed
* Summaries of all significant bad faith cases, organized by category
* In-depth analysis of the hottest topics in the field:
· The Superior Court decision in Berg v. Nationwide
· Severance and Bifurcation in post-Koken UM and UIM claims
· Latest developments in auto and homeowner’s bad faith claims
· Disputes over delay in payment and settlement negotiations
· Relevance of the Unfair Insurance Practices Act to bad faith actions
· Recovery for compensatory and consequential damages
* Punitive damages: a review of the latest awards and the constitutional issues
* The latest court decisions dealing with the discoverability of claims handling documents, attorney communications, and company business practice materials
* Updated Verdict Index, summarizing bad faith trial verdicts in Pennsylvania
* Updated Judicial Index, referencing bad faith opinions according to the deciding judge
Order online or call 1-800-722-7670 x 2453. With your order you will receive future editions automatically unless specified otherwise