Richard L. McMonigle, Jr., Principal, Post & Schell, P.C.
With Forewords by Hon. Edward N. Cahn (Ret.) and Joseph R. Roda, Esq.
Covers Pennsylvania's common law and §8371 - Pennsylvania's "Bad Faith Statute."
Insurance Bad Faith in Pennsylvania is designed for busy practicing attorneys, claims professionals, judges and law clerks. This clearly written, straightforward volume examines every important issue relating to bad faith lawsuits under Pennsylvania's common law and under §8371- Pennsylvania's "Bad Faith Statute." With this helpful book, you'll be able to handle any debate in the bad faith arena.
The Sixteenth Edition ofInsurance Bad Faith in Pennsylvania includes the following:
- Oversixty-five (65) new court opinions briefed and discussed
- Summariesof all significant bad faith cases, organized by category
- Discussionof the impact of recent important decisions, including:
· Theongoing litigation in Berg v. Nationwide Ins. Co.
· Wolfev. Allstate, andassignability of §8371 bad faith claims
· McMahonv. Medical Protective,and third-party bad faith claims
· TheSupreme Court decision in Babcock & Wilcox Co. v. American NuclearInsurers
- In-depthanalysis of the hottest topics in the field:
· Thequestionable expansion of first- and third-party common law bad faith
· Continuingdebate over severance and bifurcation in post-Koken UM and UIM claims
· Disputesover delay in payment and settlement negotiations
· Claimsfor compensatory and consequential damages
- Strategicconsiderations in presenting, and defending against, bad faith claims
- Thelatest court decisions dealing with the discoverability of claims handlingdocuments, and protection afforded for attorney communications and work product
- UpdatedVerdict Index, summarizing bad faith trial verdicts in Pennsylvania
Subscriptions to books are auto-renewed to avoid disruptions in service. Print editions must be returned within 30 days in resalable condition for refund. For downloadable eBook products, a refund will be granted if the eBook has not been downloaded. For more information call 1-800-756-8993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.