Richard L. McMonigle, Jr., Principal, Post & Schell, P.C.
With Forewords by Hon. Edward N. Cahn (Ret.) and Joseph R. Roda, Esq.
Insurance Bad Faith in Pennsylvania, 15th Edition, is designed for busy practicing attorneys, claims professionals, judges and law clerks. This clearly written, straightforward volume examines every important issue relating to bad faith lawsuits under Pennsylvania's common law and under §8371- Pennsylvania's "Bad Faith Statute." With this helpful book, you'll be able to handle any debate in the bad faith arena.
The Fourteenth Edition of Insurance Bad Faith in Pennsylvania includes the following:
* Over seventy (70) new court opinions briefed and discussed
* Summaries of all significant bad faith cases, organized by category
* Discussion of last year’s most significant trial verdicts:
Defense verdict in Rhodes v USAA
$1.4 million verdict in Grossi v. Travelers
$1.9 million verdict in Davis v. Fidelity National
* In-depth analysis of the hottest topics in the field:
Severance and Bifurcation in post-Koken UM and UIM claims
Latest developments in auto and homeowner’s bad faith claims
Disputes over delay in payment and settlement negotiations
Recovery for compensatory and consequential damages
* Punitive damages: a review of the latest awards and the constitutional issues
* The latest court decisions dealing with the discoverability of claims handling documents, attorney communications, and company business practice materials
* Updated Verdict Index, summarizing bad faith trial verdicts in Pennsylvania
Order online or call 1-800-756-8993. With your order you will receive future editions automatically unless specified otherwise
Subscriptions to books are auto-renewed to avoid disruptions in service. Print editions must be returned within 30 days in resalable condition for refund. For downloadable eBook products, a refund will be granted if the eBook has not been downloaded.